This position provides the Corporate Security & Risk Management (CSRM) department subject matter expertise and assists the regional security department in conducting physical security, operations threat analysis and incident support across the region. Additionally this position will gather data and provide direct input into risk assessments, audits, security investigations and incidents. This position will assess site level compliance with Sykes security policies, processes and standards and client contractual security requirements. This position will interact directly with internal peer-groups interaction.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Conduct accurate data gathering to support the risk management process in order to reduce risk and improve security within SYKES.
- Maintains technical competence in security methods and best practices.
- Serves as a member of the SYKES security response teams as required.
- Perform gap analysis, advocating security measures in line with contractual obligations.
- Provide backup support to the Security Operations Center during security incidents.
- Provides case management and ownership of security investigations.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- No supervisory responsibilities
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree required and two years plus relevant experience. Any equivalent combination of related training/education and experience required (equivalent certifications or work-attained qualifications are available). Working towards gaining industry-level security certifications such as A+, CISSP, CEH, or other vendor specific security modules desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of current industry trends and developments pertaining to security operations such as physical access controls, CCTV.
- Understanding of IT technologies and infrastructure, particularly workstation OS and applications along with client-server technologies and Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with clients, employees and internal departmental leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 25% in the USA and Canada.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES’ business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES’ employees.